Re: PAP Authentication Failed

On 25. September 1999, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> On 25 Sep 1999, Joakim Svensson wrote:
> > I have the same problem !
> > Started today. hmmm
> > If you solve it please let me know
> > /Joakim
> >

> Have you tried putting "noauth" in /etc/ppp/options.ttySx?
>
> I have to do this to make things work.

What this does is that the ISP computer does not have to authenticate itself
to your computer. This is what most users will use, the noauth, unless they
know the ISP's number and want to check that theyr hooking up with the right
computer.

Best regards

* Ólafur Jens Sigurðsson       |     Olafur Jens Sigurdsson          *
* Eðlisfræðinemi               |     Physics Student                 *
* Háskóli Íslands              |     University of Iceland           *
* ojs@hi.is                    |     ojs@hi.is                       *