Re: pascal for linux

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Patrick Olson wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Kenneth Scharf wrote:
>
> > I was looking at porting a pascal program from dos to linux.  Besides
> > having to write a device driver (as it twiddles the printer port
> > directly) I would have to fix all references to the Borland runtime lib
> > stuff.  I don't think that dosemu would fix all this (does dosemu allow
> > direct access to hw?).  I think I might just re-write the thing into C
> > and have an easier time.  (Wasn't there a Pascal-to-C converter package
> > somewhere?  Thought I saw it in Bo or Hamm)
>
> I kind of doubt dosemu would be happy about your program trying to access
> the hardware directly, but I don't know for sure.  There is f2c, a
> Fortran-to-C converter, but I am not aware of one for Pascal-to-C.  If
> you're feeling ambitious, I'm sure no one would mind if you wrote a
> converter.  Wish I could help, but I don't really know programming.

I have a program called PTOC which I have downloaded more than a year ago.
The README provides an email address: knizhnik@cecmow.enet.dec.com.  I did
not use it a lot, but it was a lot better than a program called p2c which
was available as a debian package long ago.

Johann

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "But God said to him, You fool! This very night your
      soul is required of you; and now who will own what you
      have prepared? So is the man who lays up treasure for
      himself, and is not rich toward God."
                                        Luke 12:20,21