Re: ipx problem with 2.2.x

There's an IPX overbroadcasting problem with all currently released
versions of 2.2.x... very nasty, in my experience (saturates the network
*very* quickly, crashed some switches, etc.).  If you're willing to compile
a custom kernel, check out the 2.2.13pre1 patch at your favourite
kernel.org mirror.  It includes a small update to net/ipx/af_ipx.c which
is intended to correct that problem.

When I tried it out, it did indeed correct the problem for me.
Unfortunately I seem to have stumbled onto another IPX problem, but I
suspect it to be an unrelated issue.