Re: help

Beverley Eyre wrote:
> I have Debbie GNU/Linux 2.1 that I got from the Linux Mall; 2 CD's.
> I'll try you suggestion and get back to you.
---end quoted text---

Beverly,
This may make a difference, since I don't remember what version of apt
is used in 2.1 (I'm running an "unstable" version).  Also, I seem to
have forgotten to ask what access method you were using originally :(

If apt method doesn't work well for you, use multi CD method.  Be sure
to insert disk 2 first before updating available packages.

One last thing:  If you've subscribed to debian-user, I'd suggest you
start posting your questions on that list.  I'm far from the most com-
petent person willing to help a new user.  It's a very active list, with
very helpful people.

--
Regards,
Steve