/dev/fd0 erased

In a moment of stupidity whilst attempting to learn how to copy from
hard drive to floppy disc I managed to "rm /dev/fd0". Now although
"locate" still shows it as existing attempting to "mount /floppy" gives
me the message "mount: special device /dev/fd0 does not exist"

/etc/fstab looks like this:
#
<pass>
/dev/hda1       /             ext2   defaults,errors=remount-ro 0      1
/dev/hda2       none          swap   sw                         0      0
proc            /proc         proc   defaults                   0      0
/dev/hda3 /usr ext2 defaults 0 2
/dev/hda5 /var ext2 defaults 0 2
/dev/hda6 /home ext2 defaults 0 2
/dev/cdrom  /cdrom        iso9660  ro,user,noauto,unhide
/dev/fd0    /floppy    auto  noauto,sync                        0
0

I`ve tried looking for "makedev" which dselect tells me is installed but
all I seem to have are the doc files and the /var/lib/dpkg/info/ files.
How do I restore my floppy drive?

Thanks in advance
Paul Walton