Re: http -> telnet

Your proxy probably just filters based on the destination port number,
without even looknig at the network traffic.

You might want to just run a telnet (or ssh) daemon on port 80 of your
home machine, that should do the trick.  Just connect to your machine on
port 80 (normally used by HTTP) instead of trying the usual Telnet port of
23.