Re: [LILO] how to boot a second IDE HD?

Jack Lee wrote:

> Hi:
>
>    Currently, I'm running linux well on my first
> IDE HD, but the problem comes when I try to use
> lilo booting the second IDE HD. Please give me
> some advices. Thanks :) Oh, by teh way, the first
> IDE HD (/dev/hda) is the master drive on first
> IDE controller. The second IDE HD (/dev/hdd) is
> the slave drive on second IDE controller.

<cut>

This may not be of much value to you Jack, but if nothing else works you can always
boot off a floppy. I have a mobile rack mounted in /dev/hdd position and by necessity
have a boot floppy for each of the several drives that I might plug in there. Booting
that way doesn't take much longer than from the hard drive and your lilo will still
be available if you don't insert said floppy.

John