Re: SNMP

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999 17:00:31 -0500, David Engel wrote:

>On Thu, Aug 26, 1999 at 05:27:04PM -0400, Ken Long wrote:
>> Well, since reading your message, I've been trying.....pretty
>> unsuccessfully, however.   I notice with the default configuration, I
can't
>> even connect from the localhost!  I don't suppose there's a nice little
HOWTO
>> file somewhere, is there?
>
>Please see /usr/doc/snmp/FAQ.gz.

I take it that you know more about SNMP than me, so allow me to ask you a
question too:

Why is it that I get incorrect results for my ATM interface atm0? The
interface thruput that MRTG displays is only about one half (or even less)
of the real thruput.

Is this due to a problem in the SNMP agent, or is it a bug in the ATM driver
or protocol stack? How can I debug the problem?

Thanks,

Ralf

PS: Please cc me in your reply, I might miss it here on the list. Thanks.

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\