Re: Files: Debian-to-dos.

On 26 Aug 1999, Kenneth Scharf wrote:

> >Is there a way to save a linux-file to a dos-diskette >in a
> dos-readable
> >way?
> >(Say I wanted to show you guys a config-file or >something when I'm
> >mailing
> >from an NT-box, not wanting to type the whole thing, >or I wanted to
> >take a
> >file from f. x. StarOffice with me to work...)
> >Please don't flame a pitiful 'nix newbie. I'm really >trying to learn,
> >and I
> >already love the efficiency of linux compared to my >horrible WinNT
> box
> >at
> >work (breaks down several times a day...)
> >Regards
> >Vitux
>
> I think all you have to do is to mount the floppy and copy the files to
> it.  IE: mount /dev/fd0 /mnt -t vfat
> will mount the floppy on /mnt using the dos/windows file system.  There
> problem with that I think there is a utility available to do this.
> ===

If you have the mtools package installed you don't need to mount the
floppy. Just do:

	mcopy foo.txt a:

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.1 (Windows-free zone)
Book Reviews: http://www.achc.demon.co.uk/bookreviews/

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)