Re: boot messages too fast to read.

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Mark Wagnon wrote:

> On Mon 08/23/99 11:31PM, David Teague wrote:
>
> > After boot, dmesg will give a good bit of the boot messages, but
> > sometimes it fails to give parts of the boot message that I want :(
>
> I have this problem, and it drives me crazy. Sometimes I want to cut
> and paste the info into my pleas for help, but end up resorting to
> using a pencil and paper and retyping the message.
>
> The man page for dmesg says something about increasing the ring
> buffer size, but does anyone know how to do this?
>
> inquiring minds want to know.

It seems that certain messages are not recorded by dmesg: such as isapnp
messages. (I've never been able to see the board ID and "activated OK" message
in dmesg -- only on the console.) Anybody can explain why?? I'd like to have
dmesg record *every* bootup message, so that I don't have to avoid switching
VC's right after bootup in order not to erase important messages that may not
appear in dmesg.