Re: Easy way to determine where files are installed?

>let me know if you need dns help...
>	- the cheat way: use /etc/hosts on all machines that need to talk to you...
>- will need to know your dns server from your ISP..
>- will need to know if you plan on being live or only when you are connected
>- will need to know if you want run virtual domains/hosts or not...
>- will need to know your machine name you assign vs what they assign you
>	- caution: if you are running web server...you should have a static name
& ip#

>- independent of the above...you should be able to make your own server
>  and play with all the various config files ( local to your server )

Hello Alvin,
Yes I do need help but at this point I'm not sure what my needs are.  For
now I simply need/want to get my windows pc to communicate with my linux
pc, preferably via tcp/ip to simulate an internet connection so i can run
perl scripts on linux and see how they respond to my windows browsers which
is on my pc I want networked to linux.  My linux machine will not be
accessed via the internet, the two pcs will be directly connected together
for now.

If I need dns for that then I need to know what steps to take next.  If I
don't need dns for that then great!

After September/October I intend to connect this very same linux machine to
the internet if all goes well. I will then give away free web space and ftp
space to a targeted group of surfers. I know I will need dns at that time
to handle the virtual hosts and all that...  so eventually I will have to
setup dns, but not now.  My linux machine and modem are too slow right now
for internet access and won't be upgraded until mid-september.  I still
want to test it while networked to my windows system.

Thanks

Andre