Re: setting up PLIP

|> I got plip to work in accordance with the LG-article. I just had
|> one problem with nfs-filesystem and permissions.
|>
|> On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Mark Wagnon wrote:
|>
|> > Has anyone else taken a look at the LG article, gotten plip to
|> > work, or know of any plip resources?

Me too, and I used the connection to install SLINK on the laptop that
I'm typing this on. The only adjustment I had to make (and I don't
understand why I had to make it) was to use insmod to insert the PLIP
module by hand in the `plip-on' script. After the connection is up you
can use either NFS or FTP with apt to do the install. It worked very
nicely.

There's a really good Mini-HOWTO about PLIP which is usually
available at sunsite and whose latest version is at the author's
web-site:

  http://www.clidi.unipi.it/~controzz/intro.html

HTH,

Jim