Re: Setting up Exim

Thanks for the quick response.
Yes, it seems I can mail myself. I started "mail" and sent a message to
"viggo" (my local username). It arrived promptly, and I was able to read it.
I can not, however, find any file by that name (or any file at all) in my
/home/viggo directory (using "dir" from an xterm, one the few recognizable
commands to me from way back in them DOS-days).
Fetchmail always prompts me for my password to my ISP, but seems to have
gotten the ISP's mail-account right (I typed it, but no longer take anything
for granted ;-) ). This would indicate to me that I would have to edit my
fetchmail-config-file, right?!
Oh, well, I must be basically heading in the right direction. I'll do some
manpage-reading (great facility, that is) and try to get back with more
info.
Thanks a lot; I really appreciate it, and X is so beautiful...
Regards
Vitux

Error is human; complete disaster takes a computer