answering w/ mgetty

Is it possible to config mgetty so that it'll *only* answer the phone when
it receives "FAX" from the modem?  I don't want mgetty answering
data/voice calls at all.

What about silent answering?  Can mgetty be configured to 'silently'
listen to an answered call by a answering machine or human and if the
remote fax machine starts connecting, answer the phone and start receiving
a fax?  I know this is possible in some software packages for dos/windows.

Thanks
-Paul