Re: deb http://security.ebian.org/ stable updates

On Fri, Aug 13, 1999 at 02:23:34PM -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:
> I just tried it ththe the same line in my sources.list ie
> deb http://security.debian.org/ stable updates
[it works]

> Maybe it was having a bad day when you tried it?

Yeah, I was having a really bad day I guess.

Now it is solved.
Sorry I didn't check this stupid thing earlier.

For those who are interested:
$http_proxy and $ftp_proxy were not set for root, but only for normal users
of the system. As traffic to 0/0 80 is blocked at my ISP, the connection did
not have a chance to succeed.

Sorry again.

--

 thomas.                                .powered.by.debian/linux.
                                           .served.by.FreeBSD.