Re: Modem Problems

Your serial port that your modem uses is probable using an IRQ greater
than 4.  If so, Linux won't detect the serial port.  You have to tell
Linux that the serial port is using IRQ n.  Check in windows first:
find out which COM your modem is in. Then check which IRQ this COM is
usin:
control pannel ==> system ==> device manager ==> computer

If your modem is in COM3 (ttyS2 in Linux) and COM3 is using IRQ 5 then you
have to issue the command
setserial /dev/ttyS2 irq 5. And boom! your modem will be found by wvdial.

\_ Isabelle Poueriet   \_
\_ bella@bway.net      \_
\_ http://www.bway.net \_
Q. How many Microsoft Engineers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A. None.  They declare "darkness", the standard.