Re: please someone send me their working exim.conf for ppp?

> My problem is that my ISP requires the login name on the from:
> address be that of the account at the ISP. My machine isn't named
> the same as my ISP, and the account here is different too.
>
> I'd like to be able to fire up PINE and press control-x to send, as
> I can here on my machine at school. That involves setting the
> visible (external) name but with smail, I just don't know how to do

I know that email messages have an envelope header and then some other one
as well (in the exim jargon, if not SMTP jargon), if I understand
correctly you are wanting to rewrite one of them, I think the envelope
one.  exim can indeed do this, but all I can tell you at the moment is
that you might want to search for the word 'envelope' in spec.txt (which
is the main exim documentation.  But be warned, this file is about 30,000
lines.

Good luck,
Britton