Bleeding edge video (Matrox G400)

I am in the market for a new computer and I've been looking at Advanced
System Laboratories (www.aslab.com) as a possible source. They include
the Matrox G400 card in all of their systems (along with AcceleratedX).
Xfree86 supports the G400 card in version 3.3.4. but it appears that
potato is only up to 3.3.3.

If I get this machine and if (actually when) I load it with Debian I'll
need to resolve all of this. Does anyone have experience with the
following?

1. Running AcceleratedX with Debian.
2. Running Xfree86 3.3.4 with Debian.
3. Having them both available on one machine.

I would like to run Xfree86 and volunteer for testing but I would also
like a bit of stability.

-- Mark Zimmerman