Re: procmail question (was: looking for a mail client)

Sorry, I can't quote since I've deleted the original posting.

All I used to do when I used Procmail was add a line to my .fetchmailrc
so it looked like this:

poll pop.ukgateway.net
protocol pop3
username gsmh
password xxxx
mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d gsmh"

The last line specifies the Mail Delivery Agent. If you simply want to
hand all incoming mail to, say Exim, you can leave this line off and
exim will automatically receive the mail.

Your .procmailrc will contain rules to sort messages into folders.

As an alternative to 'username whatever' you can have 'username whatever
is someothername on this system' which makes things a lot easier if your
username on your Linux box is not the same as your email name.

--
Phillip Deackes
Debian Linux (Potato)