Re: What inkjet color printers are well supported?

On Sat, Aug 07, 1999 at 07:35:17PM +0200, Bernard wrote:

> I am planning for a color inkjet purchase, I gatherned several info and
> welcome suggestions and feedbacks. Is the following info correct? what would
> you add to it?
>
>  - no USB support for printer yet, so printer stay on printer port now
>  - drivers for epson are usually better than for HP
>  - epson 740  seems to be a safe choice, but what about the 900?
>  - ALPS MD-1300 appears as very good but has apparently not linux driver (?)
>  - Other printer look good - eg: lexmark Z51 or lexmark color 40. I don't
>    know how is supported the z51,and while the color 40 is native
>    postscript, it is not top quality for photo.

Hi, I am not well versed in the best and worst of printers, but, I
believe that ghostscript does most, if not all the driving for printers
with linux. I could also be very wrong, so... Anyhow, I would look to
see what version of gs you are using or are likely to be using once
installed and look to see what printers are well supported there.

HTH,

--
Frisco Rose     	"By any other name, I would smell the same"
E.O.U. Student		rosef@eou.edu

REU Student 		rosef@nemo.physics.ncsu.edu

Science Journal Ed.	scijou@scijou.eou.edu
EOU Hoke Center 307	(541) 962-3787