difference between /usr/bin and /usr/X11R6/bin

I don't understand the difference between these 2 directories.

Thinking logicaly, I could say that /usr/X11R6/bin is for the
executables that need X and /usr/bin is for the others executables running
under the console.
But there are a lot of X programs under /usr/bin :
ex. :

gnome-*
imlib_config
x*
xbitchx
ghex
and there are hundreds of other.

So, I thought that /usr/X11R6/bin is for the executables needed to
run, configure.... X + the window managers and the other needed stuff to
run X.

But there are
/usr/bin/X11/gimp
/usr/bin/X11/gaim
/usr/bin/X11/gtkfontsel
/usr/bin/X11/gxedit
which don't correspond to these criteria.

Can anyone delight me ? Thank you.

--
|    .                               ICQ      : 25529539
|    | |\  | |  | \  /               AIM      : linhax
|___ | |  \| |__| /  \               IRC nick : linhax
Sami Dalouche : samid@ifrance.com    DHIS     : pingoo.dhis.org