Re: [potato] gdm doesn't start windowmanager

> I had the same problem, and I found that there were a couple of things that could be behind it.... first it could be a bad xsession file, or it could be an issue with the window manager, either it's not correctly installed, or the /etc/X11/window-managers file is trying to start a windowmanager that doesn't exist (probably twm....)

I checked that, there is no .xsession file at all and I tried a number of window managers.
I even tried copying the complete /etc/X11 and /etc/gdm directory from my portable
(which does have a working potato, however I upgraded it "a long time ago") to my
desktop.  I got the exact same problem. I even tried copying gdm and gdmgreeter from
the portable but it still didn't work :-(.

I promised someone I was going to have a look at .xsession-errors but I'm afraid
I forget it :-).  I'll try to post a copy of some config and error files tonight.

Nico