Re: need help about video card and Win98

> 1.)  I couldn't run the X Windows GUI because I
> couldn't setup my video card(RivaTNT) which had 16Mb
> memory.

There are now drivers for the RivaTNT, so you should be alright there.

> 2.)  Dual boot was successful but when I went into
> Win98 and opened explorer, my computer hanged.  (I
> think it was trying to access the linux partition...)

MS OSes can't see any partition except ones formated with it's file
system.  It's unlikely it was trying to read the linux partition.  There
were rumors way back when 98 came out that 98 had some kind of partition
or something that it would move around and it could break linux.  You may
have run into that.  Linux shouldn't effect winbloze at all.

								Rob

ratirh@lore.cs.purdue.edu : Role-Player, Babylon 5 fanatic      1998-99
Aka Khyron the Backstabber : ICQ# 2325055
Homepage: www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/ratirh

"Happiness comes in short spurts.  Don't be fooled."