Re: Installation ~ configuring apt-get sources.list for cdrom

Jocke

Nice to get the encouragment...

> dselect works just fine if you just have 2.1 cds.

I do and I must have installed the basics on the HDD, but still
stuck there.

> enter the [A]ccess and choose multi_cd

Done

> then run [U]pdate for each cd (actually the last one)
> if you get something like 2250 packages updated its OK
> the go into [S]elect

I did that the first time (I think) now it comes up with a
message:

dpkg failed to find info /var/lib/dpkg/methods/mti/binary
It does that with either of the cds

> press space
> use / to search or just use the arrow keys to look around
> find a package you want and press +
> If you get a new scrren with text just press space and then return

the find command dioes not faid things ...

All the items that I see visible are mentioned as installed.

I am still missing something??

walter

Walter Logeman  walter@psybernet.co.nz  http://www.psybernet.co.nz