Re: Video Card

On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 01:39:42PM -0300, Mario Olimpio de Menezes wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Aug 1999,  Raymond A. Ingles wrote:
>

> >  Well, nVidia has submitted patches to XFree86 and Mesa, and I know
> > they've been incorporated into XFree86 3.3.4. I think the latest Mesa
>

> some idea when XFree86 3.3.4 will be in .deb format?

Try the X Strike Force homepage for some beta packages:
http://www.debian.org/~branden/

Alternatively, do what I did with my TNT2:
1. install the Debian xserver-svga package just like normal
2. grab the archives with glx built into the X server
from nVidia (not the ones with -dyn at the end) from nVidia
3. put XF86_SVGA in /usr/local/bin and edit /etc/X11/Xserver
4. Put libGL.so.* in /usr/local/lib and run ldconfig -v /

Quake2 and Quake3 look wonderful, as does any/all other GL
stuff!
--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com