Re: 2.2.x kernel and PCI eth0 problem

I am using such a system. I compiled the kernel with module autoloading,
but I also have /etc/modules like this

#auto
ne2k-pci

It works fine. My network card is automatically detected and configured.
Maybe you have to specify some parameters in /etc/modutils/aiases and then
recreate /etc/conf.modules
To recreate it you have to use update-modules. See man page for it.

--JS