how to auto-reply ?

Hello,

As brand-new mail administrator of a non-profit company, I had the mission to
migrate from a sendmail 6 to a newer version. Everything works fine with
version 8.9.3

I'vé been asked by som users if it was possible to have the password change
automatically, and this work fine with poppassd.

BUT, I was asked too if there was a possibility for the user to have an
automatic reply sent to their correspondents when they were out for a while: a
kind of "I'm not there till the end of summer, don't worry, I'll take care of
your message when I come back."

I know some huge things like Lotus Domino or Exchange can manage these
problems, but does something similar exist under linux ?

I suppose there is a way to do this with perl scripts, but I'm not very good at
that for the moment, as I'm new to the unix world.

Do you have any suggestion ?

Thanks.

Marcus

|_|  |_|  |_____/   em@il: marcus@kbinirsnb.be                    Etonnant!