RE: Banshee and X

There are drivers for both.  For the ATI card, get the mach64 X server, it
should support it.  If have an AGP ATI RagePro that uses the mach64 server, and
it works great.

As for the Banshee, go to http://developer.soundblaster.com/linux/, you will
find all sorts of Creative Binary-only drivers there.

Hope this helps,
wim.

On 03-Aug-99 Alec Smith wrote:
> In the next few days I'll be getting an AGP ATI Mach64 and a PCI
> Banshee-based video card. Will I be able to use either with Debian? I'm
> not afraid to download X 3.3.4 from XFree86's website if its required.
>
> Ideally I'd like to use the Banshee since its much faster for gaming in
> Windoze.

 Wim Kerkhoff
 wim@netmaster.ca
 www.canadianhomes.net/wim