Re: Bad Makedevness

Ok so now what..
dpkg sticks on the portion of the script "rm -fr /dev.dpkg.tmp"
It refused to unlink /dev/pts because it didn't exist.
It leaves you with a /dev.dpkg.tmp and /dev which is an executable.
It seems that the /dev left by the install was actually the MAKEDEV program.
I made a /dev dir and put it in there as MAKEDEV I was able to create the devices
and use them.  The only thing I can see is that all the pty* are in /dev
instead of /dev/pts.  Should I put them there myself?

William Cordis