Re: backspace character does not exists in xterm,

On Sun, Aug 01, 1999 at 03:39:17PM -0700, Oz Dror wrote:
> On xterm I have to type crtl-h to generate the backspace character
>
> the backspace character defaults to the delete character
>
> how can I change this default.

you can define your backspace character with
stty erase ^v<key>

if have this in my .bashrc/.bash_profile

if [ $TERM = "xterm-debian" ]; then
	stty erase
fi

^? is generated by pressing <strg v> and then <backspace>

HTH robert

--
in a world without fences, who needs gates?
-- das $yndikat lebt -- Abteilung Linux --