Re: Debian 2.%$#@*&!

maxalbert@juno.com wrote:

>     Wait!  Hold the phone.  I tried entering "nslookup ftp.uu.net" and
> got an address, so I entered "ftp ftp.uu.net" and connected!  "ftp
> ftp.netscape.com also connects.
>     Cripes.  Something so simple!  Entering ftp.netscape.com from the
> ftp> prompt gets "invalid command". You have to clear the prompt and type
> in the first "ftp".
>     Anyway, I went to /pub and found a large "communicator" file.  Any
> chance this may be the holy grail? -- Max
No, just a dim flicker of light in a long dark tunnel.
You need this file

/pub/communicator/4.6/english/unix/unsupported/linux20_glibc2/complete_install/communicator-v46-export.x86-unknown-linuxglibc2.0.tar.gz

and use the netscape 4 installer from debian. Place the downloaded file
in the /tmp directory and when you use dselect to install the netscape4
installer, it will automatically install and set up netscape
communicator.
--
John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems