Re: What DO you lose with Linux ???

On Sun, Jul 04, 1999 at 06:33:14PM +1000, Jiri Baum wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sami Dalouche:
> > > The operative word being `need to'. It'd be a very good feature indeed
> > > if the e-mail client checked the size of the message and said, when
> > > appropriate, something along the lines of "this is an unusually large
> > > message by Internet standards; are you sure? (y/N)" and popped up a
> > > wizard for other ways of transferring the file.
> >
> > Hey ! Writing such a software for Windows os OK and usual but do not
> > begin to do this under Linux !
>
> Actually, I think I *was* talking about Windows, but why not Linux? (OK,
> apart from the pop-up-wizard bit...)
>
> Every mailer I've seen has a send/abort/headers/whatever screen just before
> the message goes off. In elm, most of the screen is blank for that! It'd be
> just as easy to use that part of screen for netiquette warnings.

Ah ! You just want that the software tells you what's the size of your
message w/o a popup ?
Mutt does this well.
see :
===== Attachments =====
1 /tmp/mutt-pingoo-16220-0                          [text/plain, 7bit,     19K]
2 =inbox                                           [text/plain,8bit,      507K]

This is a part of his last screen. What's the matter with Mutt ? He doesn't
add all the size to give a global size ? Maybe it's configurable.

--
|    .                               ICQ      : 25529539
|    | |\  | |  | \  /               AIM      : linhax
|___ | |  \| |__| /  \               IRC nick : linhax
Sami Dalouche : samid@ifrance.com    DHIS     : pingoo.dhis.org