Re: routing problem?

On Mon, Jul 05, 1999 at 07:46:04PM +0100, Christopher Clark wrote:

> dialing out (e.g. using pon) connects ok to my ISP and negotiates PPP

> The reference to sl0 is presumably diald.
> Could anybody give my a pointer please.

If you are using diald it's easiest to *only* use diald.  In your diald
configuration, you shouldn't be using something like

  connect "/usr/sbin/chat -f /etc/chatscripts/<provider>"

where <provider> is the name of the chatscript for the ISP concerned
rather than pon.  diald starts pppd itself, and the connect program
should simply bring the link to the point at which the remote end is
ready to start talking PPP.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/