2 questions

Two things.

1) I keep fairly current and after dselect ran last week one time, no one
except root can run ping.  Was this done on purpose.  If so, why?

2) For some reason pppd disconnects after some amount of time all by
itself.  I want it to stay up 24/7. I did see in dmesg that the PPP has
demand dialing. I do not want this.  I want it to go up and come down when
I tell it.

How can I fix these problems?  Is there anywhere I can look to find out
what else on my system will be changed without my knowing (i.e. who makes
these decisions and are they documented?)

TIA.

-Ian
Ian Setford
Brite Voice Systems