Re: newbie seeks help on sound and mail.

> I recently installed debian 3.0  My questions are:

I think thats 2.0
Anyway, to answer one question:

> 1. How do i configure my sound card in debian. I have opti.

Get the exact data on your card from Windows's Device Manager. Then
recompile the kernel (you need the kernel source package for that) to
include sound support for an opti chip (sorry, not familiar with that, but
you should have an idea what kind of chip it is). If the card is PnP, then
compile the sound support as a module, and use isanpnp ptogram to
initialize the card at the boot time. If it's not PnP, you are all set.

Andrew

 Andrei S. Ivanov
 c680789@showme.missouri.edu
 UIN 12402354