Re: Bootdisk / syslinux Problems

Hi

I have had the same problems as Hans-Peter (see below).

I am trying to install Debian 2.0 on an old Dell 466/Le with 24Mb of main
memory and a 1.7Gb disk.

However the boot image fails on loading root.bin (or initrd.img on other
systems).  One period is emmitted and then the system hangs or the screen
blanks and a dos reboot occurs.  On one occasion a few characters on the
screen became corrupted.

I have tried the -safe and -tecra-safe images but they do not solve the
problem.  The boot images for Redhat 5.1/5.2 and Suse 6.0 cause similar
symptoms.  The Redhat 5.0 image works fine and the installed os works
without problems.

Can anyone suggest a fix?

James.