Re: more memory for my Xserver

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Eric Drayer wrote:

> I am using the SVGA server
> I have 64Mb ram and a 128Mb swap and a matrox millinium 2 with 4mb
> I get the message from mathematica that my xserver is running low on
> memory and it locks up
>
> what ever can I do

 First, while you're running Mathematica use the "free" command to see how
much free memory you have left. If you're really running out of memory
(and this can happen with Mathematica) you don't have a lot of choices -
you can add RAM (preferred), add swap space (not so good bu cheap), or
both. Possibly you can cut down on the number of applications and daemons
you're running, and save memory that way, but this rapidly hits the point
of diminishing returns.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles       (248) 377-7735    ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

 "Every question has a simple, easy-to-understand wrong answer."
                        -H. L. Mencken