Re: "Segmentation fault" installing Debian

>This isn't a great workaround, not even a good one, but I'd go to a prompt
>and run fdisk (instead of cfdisk which the install starts for you).  Press
>"m" for help, it's more primitive than cfdisk, but that's why I like it.
>Depending on where cfdisk is segfaulting, fdisk could do the same thing.
>Anyway, after you get a running system, you could try to figure out what's
>going on (ie strace cfdisk) or that sort of thing.

hehehe, thing is, how do I do that?  I am a total newbie to this.  I only
know my stuff about DOS/Win.  How would I get to a prompt?  All I have on
the HD right now is one DOS partition and the other blank one.  I see your
logic perfectly, it is the way I want to do it but I don't know enough to
get it done.  =)  Can you fill me in some more?

So this segmentation fault must be some kind of incompatibility, no?

Thanks a lot,
Tony