From: Kenneth Scharf [mailto:scharkalvin@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 1999 6:57 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Cc: wolfsong13@home.com
Subject: PCI Linksys card in Hamm

It uses the NE2000 driver which requires the IO and IRQ parameters to be
specified.  From Windoze I've verified the IRQ is 9 and the IO is 6C00.
After entering the values (io=0x6C00 irq=9) the system hangs.  I'm not
exactly sure what I'm doing wrong this time.  Any suggestions?

I am using a ne2000 pci card in my system at home.  It uses one of
those real-tek chips.  Anyway I think you need the ne2000-pci driver.
In my case the driver can either probe the card for the io and irq, or
it is getting it from the bios.  I did not have to provide any
parameters, and the card works fine.  I have it installed as a module.
 You might have to play with the  plug and play settings on your bios
(if any, I had to turn this on and off before it worked the first time
to avoid irq conflicts with other cards).
==
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze

Debian Gnu Linux, Live Free or .....