Re: Do you still need screensavers these days?

> Of course, "better off" wasn't defined... What if "better off" means
> using less electricity?  What if it means saving on wear & tear?

Saving on wear & tear uses less electricity, because it takes a ton of
electricity to manufacture a new monitor.  I've heard that it takes
more electricity to make a new monitor than that monitor will use in
its lifespan.

Getting back to the subject line, we manufactured kiosks for a while
and after a few months the monitors had the main screen's buttons
burned into the phosphors, so yes, burn-in is still an issue as of a
couple of years ago.

--Pete