Re: Where is emacs and vi command line editing set?

William Park <parkw@better.net> writes:

> On Sun, 7 Feb 1999, Christopher R. Barry wrote:
>
> > A long long time ago my root account mysteriously switched to using vi
> > command-line editing instead of the default emacs, and I've been too
> > lazy to get around to fixing it until now I guess. Where is this
> > behavior configured?

> Commands are
>     set -o emacs
>     set -o vi
> Now, as far as where this is set... try to look into
>     /etc/profile
>     ~/.profile
>     ~/.bash_profile
>     ~/.bashrc
> To find other files, try
>     man bash

I did look in these, but this is not where the behavior was set. It is
set globally via /etc/inputrc. Somehow, some application inserted a
local ~/.inputrc in root's account that set vi editing. I'd like to
know which application did this, as it ticks me off to have things
like this going on behind my back.

Christopher