Re: ppp not working...

Paul Miller wrote:

> Kelly Corbin wrote:
>
> > Question:
> >
> > I have slink installed, and after upgrading my kernel from 2.0.36 to
> > 2.2.1, my ppp says it is not configured in the kernel or as a module. I
> > don't know a whole lot about ppp and just use pppconfig to setup my
> > dialup.  When booting, it doesn't say "ppp line discipline" or whatever
> > it says anymore either.  I have recompiled the kernel with ppp as a
> > module and directly in the kernel, but neither seems to work.  Any
> > ideas?
> >

> Just a though, but by chance did you put serial device support into the kernel?
>
> --
> Paul Miller
> pmiller@jove.acs.unt.edu

I recompiled the kernel and put ppp directly in the kernel(not in a
module like I had before), and it worked fine.  Also, I noticed that if
you don't delete zmlinuz.old, zlilo sometimes doesn't install your new
kernel.

-- The dumber people think you are,			--
-- the more suprised they will be when you kill them.	--