Re: LILO hassles

Tongyu Wang wrote:

> I had similar problem before. My setup is similar to yours: NT on /dev/hda1 and Linux
> on /dev/hdb1. I use NT boot loader to choose which partition to boot. To solve the
> problem, I boot from a Linux boot floppy and login as root. Run lilo (this rewrite the
> boot sector). Reboot to NT and use bootpart (or you can use dd command in Linux before
> you reboot, see http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/mini/Linux+NT-Loader-5.html for
> detail) to get the boot sector. Replace the old linux boot sector with the new one and
> you are all set. Hope this can help.
>
> Tongyu Wang

Hello,

I just changed from suse-linux to debian. My installation is simmilar
to the yours, only that my first hd has 1233 cylinders. If i start
linux i get an :
LILO
UNCOMPRESSING KERNEL....OK LOADING LINUX

and than it hangs.

I don't realy know if this is because i´am over the 1024 Cyl. limit,
because on Suse-linux it works fine.

Can you give me some tips ??

Thnaks, Daniel

miknet Internet Based Services  / Stephanstr. 3  / D-60313 Frankfurt
Daniel Marquez-Klaka / Phone +49 69 920785 53 / Fax +49 69 920785 11