Re: Unofficial lyx_1.0.0-0.1_i386.deb available (fwd)

paul seelig wrote,
> On Tue, 2 Feb 1999 shaleh@clifford.livenet.net wrote:

> > Any hope it did not use XForms?

> No, not at all unfortunately.  Until now there is no other front end
> than for XForms and the Qt version is severely outdated.  I'd love to
> see a gtk+ based front end for LyX but i'm not aware of anyone having
> started with such an undertaking.  A GNUstep version would be my all
> time favorite though...

And they shouldn't :)    It would have a very short life cycle.

1.1 (to become 1.2) is being rewritten to be gui-independent.  Some of
the klyx changes are being used to this end.  So rather than modifying
it for a particular gui, effort should go into the change, and the
kit for the gui.

And the license has been clarified; it no longer claims to be GPL
(which it never was), but quasi-GPL (which it always has been).  The
differences have been made explicit.

rick