Re: Stupid Netscape question

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Tim Heuser wrote:

> > Did you use the debian installer found int contrib?  If you did, just type
> > netscape.  If you did not, I would recommend reinstalling netscape using
> > the debian installer.
>
> Ok, sounds good to me.  Uh, so, like, how do I do that? (If you please?)

What I did was to untar the netscape 4.5 file in /tmp, and then use dpkg
-i /cdrom .... netscape??.deb.

I had to rename the /tmp/netscape directory to the one the installer file
was looking for.  It will prompt you with the information it is looking
for if it do not find it.

I am not an expert, but the above worked for me.

Johann
| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the
      world. If any man love the world, the love of the
      Father is not in him...And the world passeth away, and
      the lust thereof; but he that doeth the will of God
      abideth for ever."             I John 2:15,17