Re: X11R6: No acceleration primitives defined

On Mon, Feb 01, 1999 at 07:16:16PM -0600, Matthias Schulz wrote:
> (--) SVGA: SpeedUp code selection modified because virtualX != 1024
> (--) SVGA: Using XAA (XFree86 Acceleration Architecture)
> (--) SVGA: XAA: No acceleration primitives defined.
> CPU to framebuffer                                8.12 Mpix/sec (8.12
> MB/s)

This is a non-fatal error.  It just means that the X server is not using
the 2D acceleration features of the card.

> Fatal server error:	Cannot open mouse (No such device)

This is the problem.  Check the "Pointer" section of your
/etc/X11/XF86Config and ensure things are set correctly.

Serial mice usually live on /dev/ttyS[0-3].

PS/2 mice usually live on /dev/psaux.

You may have or want a symbolic link, /dev/mouse, which points to the
appropriate real device.

man XF86Config for more information.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |    I have a truly elegant proof of the
Debian GNU/Linux                 |    above, but it is too long to fit into