Re: CD image: *.raw --> *.cif?

> Michael Phillips wrote:
> > I've decided, against my better judgement, to do a download of the
> > debian-i368.raw thing and just press my own CD.
>
> I tried that, I have a dsl connection so it didn't take that long. I renamed it
> to *.iso, burned it and nothing???!! My win98 box couldn't read it, my Linux box
> couldn't read it and my Sun box couldn't read it So if anyone could please shed
> some light on this I would appreciate it. I'll try *.cif and let you know.

If a .cif file really is a raw image, renaming an image file to this
should work.  If neither win98, linux, nor Sun could read the image, I
think there might be something wrong with the image.  Make sure you
download it in binary mode (type `bin' in ftp).  Also I think there
are usually md5sums for the cd-image on the site where you can download
it.  Check it with the md5sum program.

HTH,
Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032