Re: Invisible files smbfs W95

Jiri Baum wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a weird ongoing problem: I connect to a W95 box, smbmount a share,
> but some files on the share do not show up on directory listings - even
> though they are there, I can open them (from the Linux box), etc. Which
> files show up seems to change from session to session and sometimes from
> listing to listing.
>
> Any suggestions, please?
>
> I connect to the Windows 95 [4.00.950] box over Ethernet and TCP/IP and
> mount about a dozen filesystems from it. I have a mostly-hamm system (samba
> 1.9.18p8-2, smbfs 2.0.2-5, libc6 2.0.7t-1). Not sure what else is relevant.
>
> Jiri <jiri@baum.com.au>
>
> --

This may have absolutely no bearing, but I used to see a similar
thing on our network using only Windows. I never did find the
cause/solution, because about that time we were getting new
network equipment (converting to ATM) and transitioning to Win95
from WFW, etc, and the problem went away. In other words, it
might not be a samba/Linux issue; it might be a
networking/Windows issue.