Re: Modem freezeup again

ktb <ktb@binary.net> writes:

> I posted a couple days ago (to Debian User's) about my modem freezing up.  I got a couple
> suggestions and am now getting around to trying to solve this problem.
> The problem has increased in frequency so that every time after logging
> off using "poff" my modem can't be accessed.  I have to shut the system
> down completely (reboot won't work) and then restart before I can use "pon"
> to log on again.  In a couple instances I had to shutdown twice in
> a row before I could use my modem.

I have a Courier X2 and I always need to type pon, wait a second (the
modem lights change), then type pon again to connect. poff always
works though. I thought this might have something to do with it's
starting and stopping commands but I've duplicated the perfectly
working ones from DOS and Windows as best as I can and it still
doesn't work. Annoying, but a tolerable inconvenience.

Christopher