linuxconf installation conflicts

Hi,

I have installed linuxconf (supposed to be a nice web-style GUI system
administration tool) but have conflicts that I can't resolve. The story
follows. My current installation is the current stable 2.0 release
(updated via ftp mechanism of dselect/dpkg on Feb 1 99).

Installed linuxconf 1.13 rev 12.2 (found in
debian/projects/experimental) using ftp and dpkg. dpkg and dselect
report dependencies:
        netbase >3.11-4  (3.11-1 installed)
        libgd1g
        libncurses 4
        libstdc++2.9

Found that most of these required the unstable release versions. So I
installed all these from /unstable. This resolves most problems, but one
remains:

        libncurses 4 required libc6 (>2.0.7u-0). I installed the latest
libc6
from /unstable. But this installation conflicts with ldso <1.9.10-1.1
(ie. libc6 demands ldso >=1.9.10-1.1). However, the latest ldso that I
can find in /unstable is version 1.9.10-1. I cannot resolve these
conflicts.

Where is the later version (>=1.9.10-1.1) of ldso?

Has anyone installed linuxconf under Debian OK? Must I have a completely
/unstable/ version of Debian installed?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Cheers, Chris.

|  Dr. Chris
Ryan                                                             |
c.ryan@syd.dem.csiro.au        |
|  51 Delhi Road (PO box 136)           phone: +61-2-9490
8673                |
|  North Ryde NSW 2113                    fax: +61-2-9490
8909                |

Australia.

http://www.syd.dem.csiro.au/research/hydrothermal/      |
|  WWW (Proton
Probe):                                                        |

http://www.syd.dem.csiro.au/research/hydrothermal/chris/PM_main.html   |
http://www.syd.dem.csiro.au/research/mantle/ |
http://www.syd.dem.csiro.au/unrestricted/people/RyanChris/       |